Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Uh Oh No. 1, day 4

After the bee stings Monday night I became a little less enamored of this project.  Tuesday Morning, about 58 hours after the berries had been crushed, and about 36 hours after chapitalizing them and starting fermentation, I took the new free run juice and put it into a 5 gal carboy and a runnover 1 gal jug.  I'm storing them both outdoors, with a wet T-shirt over the 5 gal.  They're fermenting away like nuts.  I'm looking at the whole thing now as an excuse for the physical exercise of hauling the skins back and forth etc., and not much more.  No measurements, all the best juice run off for the regular wine before starting, chapitalizing, not enough subsequent skin contact afterwards (I'm guessing) to go copper… And, really, the bee-stings still hurt.

No comments: