Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Flawed and damned good

This evening I roasted tomatoes from Wiklow Orchards in the Big Steel Keg, each halved and squeezed out with a sliver of garlic in them (a la Waxman from the cooking demo at De Gustibus, thank you, Mike), and roasted sweet sausage from Flying Pigs, and then used them as a base for mixing in cavatelli from Russo's. The tomatoes were seasoned with oil and salt and black pepper and red pepper flakes and oregano from the herb pot. Cut up the roasted sausage, cut up the roasted tomatoes, added the not quite finished cavatelli and cooked them together. Did I mention that I threw thyme from the garden into the fire while everything was roasting? More oil. Into a bowl with pecorino Romano. It was good. It was very, very good. But here's why I'm telling you:

Because I had it with the merlot we bottled this past weekend. Chilled. Far effin' out! Flawed in that it's slightly fizzy (slightly) which is no doubt because I added meta before a malolactic ferm could take place. But double-d-f-olicios. (Yes, I've had enough to be tipsy.). Double D!!!

No comments: