Monday, October 1, 2018

2018 Sauv. Blanc & Syrah, day 9

07:00
Outside: 63 F, overcast.
Cellar: 73 F.

Sauv. Blanc: 74 F, 1.6 to 2 Brix.
Similar activity to last evening, but less.  Brix reading in the tube traveled pretty quickly from 1.6 to 2.0, but then stabilized at 2.  Should move it to carboys this evening to make sure the surface can be covered by CO2 from the end of fermentation - the surface in the primary is quite large.  The only worry now is that I didn't do any great planning regarding the carboys themselves - I have plenty of fives, but all my threes and ones are full.  Might need to bottle something to get what I need - or play half a day of hooky and buy more at Terminal Market.  Another choice is to put everything into the 100 liter steel floating lid tank until I get the carboys sorted.  I don't love the gasket on the lid, but will test it this evening.

Syrah: Stoppers and bubblers stayed clean overnight.  Occasional action in each vessel.

No comments: