Saturday, January 21, 2012

Hello, Berry Bros....

Likely going to bottle Uh Oh No. 1 tonoght or tomorrow.  Meanwhile, another diversion:
Hello, Berry Bros.  
It's snowing here in New York and I was rummaging around in the cellar for rock-salt when I came across a dusty unopened bottle labeled "Vinatage Port / 1966 / Gould Campbell / Bottled 1968 / Berry Bros. & Rudd LTD London / Produce of Portugal". It's not a typical Gould Campbell label - no graphics or logos, just the text I've included above. I have a vague memory that I might have purchased this in London, maybe in 1993 or 94. Are you able to tell me anything about this mystery bottle? (Not how it got to be in my cellar, that's just a miracle, but how it got to have the label it has.) I'd be very happy to send a picture if that would help. 
Thanks. 
Steve Lewis.
 

No comments: