Sunday, June 3, 2012

2nd 2011 Muscat bottling

Mike came over and we bottled another couple cases of the Muscat.  I think this is the first Mike's tasted the finished wine.  I'm very happy with it.  More floral and more complex than the prior two years.  I think the effort we put into keeping the fermentation temperature down and then getting it topped off early really paid off.  (Or were the grapes just better than the prior two years?  No!  It's all about us!)

I went back and looked at some of the March bottling.  Some bottles have a fine sediment, some don't.  One bottle that I've kept very cold for the entire intervening time has bitartrate crystals that settled out, but that's no surprise.

We'll be using the Muscat to start the Honey, I Shrunk the Puttanesca party next week.  Hello, summer.

No comments: