Saturday, June 12, 2010

Post-party comment on the wines

This is inventory, not tasting notes.

The Muscat Alexandria was a hit and I'd like to make easily twice as much of it again next year, maybe doing a little of it on the leas an experiment.  Nice to have something that feels complete in its first year.  We used all of it except for three bottles I put away.

Big Dave had us re-market the Savino Grimaldi Grenache as Merlot, and just as he predicted, it started pouring quickly.

The 2007 Barbera was the red backbone of what we offered, and all of what I bottled went.  I had a little bit.  If we have any more it'll just be onsies or twosies from the shelf, where there might also be a couple of bottles of 2007 Sangiovese.  So maybe we have a case or less left of the 2007 production.

During the party I also pulled up some of the 2006 Zin blend.  Don't think I tasted any.  We might have close to a case of it left. 

Maybe I'll update this post with a full inventory, so we'll have it handy for next year.

No comments: